March of Dimes (MOD)
Allowable Direct Costs Items:
- Salaries of professional staff without faculty appointments and technical assistants.
- Minimal but essential permanent equipment. Any permanent equipment must be directly relevant to the MOD research grant.
- Expendable supplies.
- Other expenses relevant to the conduct of the research.
- Travel is not to exceed $1,000 to attend scientific meetings. Any travel must be directly relevant to the MOD research grant.
- Indirect costs are limited to 10% of the total direct costs.
Non-Allowable MOD Expenses:
- Salary for the Principal Investigator or participants with faculty appointments.
- Construction, alteration, maintenance or rental of buildings or building space.
- Computer equipment, office equipment and furniture.
- Dues for membership in scientific societies.
- Office supplies including mail/postage costs, copying costs, telephone, fax or modem lines.
- Publication costs.
- Books and Journals.
- Service Contracts.
- Waste disposal.
- Glassware washing.
Rebudgeting of Funds:
- Transfer of funds into, within, and out of an approved line item is permitted up to 20% of the approved category amount.
- Requests for revisions greater than 20% should be received by MOD three months prior to the termination day of the grant.
- Transfers may not increase salaried personnel or travel.
- Any purchase of permanent equipment not authorized in the original budget must have prior approval.
A grant extension, without additional funds, must be submitted in writing, three months prior to the termination of the grant.
The un-expended balance will carry forward from one year into the next year of the grant.
Sep 11, 2012