Hunter's Hope Foundation (HHF)
Allowable HHF Expenditures:
- Salaries and fringe benefits for personnel.
- Project related travel, not exceeding $1,000 per any one year of funding.
- Indirect costs at a maximum rate of 10% of the total personnel costs (salary support plus fringe benefits).
- Technical support, including costs associated with collaborations and other types of assistance necessary to the project.
Non-Allowable HHF expenses:
- Capital development programs.
- Building construction or renovations.
- Computers or other general office equipment or furnishings.
- Other major equipment purchases. However, the Foundation may consider specific requests on an individual basis if the equipment is considered vital to the project and cannot be obtained in any other way.
Rebudgeting of Funds:
- Written approval from the foundation is required for category transfers greater than 25%. The written request for the change must be submitted 30 days prior to the effective date of the change.
- Any un-expended funds must be returned to the foundation. Changes to Project Description/Work Plan Requests to modify the original project description or work plan must be submitted in writing 60 days prior to the effective date of the change.
The following are examples of changes requiring prior approval:
- Substitution of one animal model for another.
- Any change for the approved use of animals or human subjects.
- Applying a new/different technology from that outlined in the project application.
- A change in key personnel whose expertise is critical to the approved project.
Sep 11, 2012