Deafness Research Foundation (DRF)
- Salaries of technical and supporting personnel.
- Limited alteration/renovation of existing facilities.
- Purchase of equipment.
- Supplies, including drugs and services.
- Other specifically authorized expenses essential for carrying out the project.
Non-Allowable DRF expenses:
- Salary of principal investigator, co-investigator, or individuals with a doctoral degree.
- Living expenses.
- Printing costs.
- Overhead costs exceeding 10% of project costs.
- Public information or education programs.
Investigator may not transfer budget from one category to the other without approval from DRF.
Any transfer that involves a change in the direction of the project must receive written approval from DRF. Unexpended funds must be returned to the DRF.