American Lung Association (ALA)
Terms and Conditions of the Research Grant
- No grant funds may be expended on the institutional overhead allowance.
- No more than 25% of the requested budget may be used for the salary (including fringes) of the principal investigator.
- Grant funds may be used for the salary and fringes of personnel other than the Principal Investigator. Fringe benefit costs may be so expneded only upon the stipulation that they will not be obtained from another source.
- No grant funds shall be used for repair or service contract costs for institutional equipment.
- No grant funds shall be used for the purchase of furniture or computers, the construction or renovation of facilities, payment of honoraria or membership dues, purchase of textbooks or periodicals, or payment for secretarial support.
- The maximum amount of funds expendable for travel is $1,000 per year.
- The maximum amount expendable on publication costs is $1,000 per year.
- Equipment or supplies purchased with award funds and remaining at the conclusion of the project become the property of the institution. Any departure from this policy requires ALA authorization.
- No more than 30% of the requested or approved budget may go to fund the purchase of permanent equipment.
- Written request is required for all changes to the award, including changes of institution, sponsor, and budget allocations.
Sep 24, 2014