April Updates from the RI
From the desk of the Executive Director
KUMC-Research Institute Updates
Did you know the Research institute can assist with your Institutional Review Board (IRB/HSC) Submissions?
A team of Clinical Research Regulatory Project Managers can assist investigators and study teams to obtain all required approvals from our institutional review board (IRB), the KU Medical Center Human Subjects Committee. Regardless of the funding source. For example, Industry (Pharma), Federal (NIH, DoD-etc.) or Non-federal sponsors (American Cancer Society, American Heart, and Muscular Dystrophy Association). We provide a full range of services from study startup to study close-out:
If you have any questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact any of the following Project Managers assigned to your department: Click this link: http://www.kumc.edu/kumcri/clinical-research-administration-/cra-staff/staff-assignments.html
- Preparation of all applications, including ancillary approval applications; preparation of draft patient consent form(s); completion of electronic submission process; assistance in responding to IRB requests for modification prior to approval.
- Ongoing support of approved trials, including submission of any amendments to the study protocol or other materials, submission of continuing reviews (annual or otherwise) through study closure.
- In addition, CRA staff will complete all required regulatory documents at study startup and update these documents as needed throughout the trial.
Updated International Travel Policy (Business Class)
After an extensive review of our current international travel policies the Research Institute has revised its policy, regarding international travel related to business class to read as follows:
Business Class airfare will be permissible only when:
Air Travel Expenses for International Travel
KUMC-RI will reimburse faculty and staff for business class air travel while travelling on University business and using institutional funds under the following conditions.
- The destination is four or more time zones away, or more than eight hours direct flight time, and the funding department has adequate budget resources.
- The funding department has adequate budget resources; and it is clear that this form of travel is for a valid University purpose and would be the best use of the funds available.
KUMC-RI will also reimburse invited guests traveling to the University of Kansas internationally on university business under the same conditions as listed above.
All other travel policies and procedures remain in effect.
For more information, please refer to the following link on the Research Institute website:
Aug 30, 2018