Driving Discovery and Innovation - Planning Questions
- Our 10-year vision identified five established areas of research -- cancer, neuro, repro, liver, and kidney - along with several emerging areas. Are there newly established and emerging areas that require support? Are there programs that should be eliminated?
- What infrastructure is needed to improve discovery and innovation? What cores do we need? Are there cores that we no longer need?
- Do we need to increase or change the structure of graduate programs to better complement research? What can we provide to enhance postdoctoral training? How do we better prepare our graduates for the workplace?
- How do we define faculty research productivity?
- How do we increase the school's research reputation? Through rankings? A few quality programs? Some other method?
Mar 09, 2011