1. Individuals from across KU Medical Center have been invited to participate in a process that will inform implementation of the strategic plan's goal of increasing diversity at KU Medical Center. Through use of a survey tool and large group discussions, campus leaders gathered data about the breadth of activities underway at KU Medical Center. More than 130 initiatives that address diversity, cultural competence, and professionalism were reported in the initial survey results, including school-based programs, campus-wide activities, grant-funded centers, and many more. The next step in the process is for a team of approximately 12 leaders from various facets of KU Medical Center to review the data, peer models and other information, and make recommendations to the KU Medical Center Executive Leadership Team for a future progressive, integrated approach to these important missions for our campus.
1. To strengthen communication internally, KU Medical Center created an internal communications manager position, which was filled in September 2012.
2. In an effort to strengthen alignment, collaboration and synergy, KU Medical Center and Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics signed, in December 2012, a memorandum of understanding to create a single, integrated pediatric program.
1. To strengthen alignment, discussions regarding clinical integration are ongoing between leaders at the University of Kansas Medical Center, The University of Kansas Hospital Authority, University of Kansas Physicians, Inc., the 18 clinical foundations and the Council of Chairs (see Goal C-I).
1. KUMC launched the Qlikview (https://qlikview.kumc.edu/qlikview/index.htm) internal dashboard in November 2011.
2. The Office of Enterprise Analytics publishes KUMC Data (Fact Books) detailing:
• degree and certificate programs offered (July)
• official headcount summary of student enrollment (September, February and June)
• official report on accreditation of programs (August)
• tuition and fees - rates (July)
• official summary of degrees and certificates awarded (October )
• official summary of statistics about faculty (November )
• extramural research by funding agency type (May)
• NIH direct awards - funding totals and rankings (December )
• U.S. News Rankings (April)
1. Enterprise Analytics has begun to review how additional reports will align with Goal I in support of KUMC's educational, research, patient care and community engagement missions, as well as workforce development, economic impact and other benefits to the state and region.