Strategic Plan for the University of Kansas Medical Center
In December 2010, the University of Kansas Medical Center community embarked on an intensive strategic planning effort. Hundreds of participants created a strategic map to achieve one overarching goal: Provide leadership to shape the future of health and health care. The map also included nine other mission-specific and institutional goals. We have updated this page to report on our progress as of January 2013.
Strategic Plan Progress Reports
University of Kansas Medical Center
Strategic Map: 2011-2016
The Strategic Map for the University of Kansas Medical Center summarizes KUMC's strategy for 2011 through 2016. This strategy includes the following key elements:
- The central challenge, depicted as an oval at the top of the map, is the focal point of KUMC's strategy: "Provide leadership to shape the future of health and health care."
- KUMC's goals, depicted in bold under the central challenge, are critical to meeting the central challenge.
- KUMC's strategies, depicted in boxes under each goal, describe the key approaches that will be taken to achieve each goal.
- Three cross-cutting goals along the bottom of the strategic map differ from those at the top of the strategic map in two ways:
- They appear at the bottom of the strategic map to show they are foundational to the strategy.
- They span the strategic map from left to right in order to indicate that efforts to implement the cross-cutting priority need to be embedded in efforts to implement the other six strategic priorities at the top of the map.