1. Color copy of your passport
2. Color copy of your VISA (if applicable)
3. Flight and travel itinerary
6. STEP enrollment confirmation (OIP will register for you)
8. Copy of Health Insurance Card
a. Upon completion of paperwork, you will receive the KU Medical Evacuation and Repatriation insurance card
1. Apply for your passport/renew your passport
a. Note: If you have a valid, unexpired passport, is your passport valid for at least 6 months after the planned return date of your trip? And do you have at least two pages available for stamps in your passport?
b. Submit a color copy of your passport to International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Get your Visa (if applicable)
a. Submit a color copy to International Programs at email@example.com
b. Do you need assistance applying for your Visa? Contact International Programs.
i. Be aware that this process should start 4-6 months in advance;
ii. Be aware that if you are not a US Citizen, Visa processing times and requirements vary from country to country;
3. Make your travel arrangements
a. Submit your itinerary to International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
i. If you travel through another country to reach your destination, you may need a transit Visa. Please be sure to bring this to the attention of OIP, or if you are handling your own Visa, check with the airlines.
ii. If you are not a US Citizen, a transit Visa may be required of you even when it is not required for a US Citizen, so be sure to communicate your citizenship.
4. Suggestion: Start exploring culture and developing your cross-cultural competence by attending The Culture Hour, every Thursday, 12-1:00 in the Calkins Conference Room G004 Orr Major.
1. SUGGESTION: Are you a first time traveler? Attend one Health and Safety Meeting (optional for faculty and administrators)
2. SUGGESTION: Read the following materials developed for students that may also be useful for your travel:
a. PRE-DEPARTURE SUGGESTIONS http://www.kumc.edu/international-programs/kumc-study-abroad/forms.html
b. PROBLEM SOLVERS http://www.kumc.edu/international-programs/kumc-study-abroad/forms.html
c. SAFETY ABROAD BROCHURE http://www.kumc.edu/international-programs/kumc-study-abroad/forms.html
3. The Office of International Programs will register your trip with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/
4. Complete the Emergency Contact Form
5. Confirm and submit your Health Insurance coverage. Contact the Office of International Programs regarding the evacuation and repatriation requirement.
6. Sign and submit the KUMC Faculty-Administrator Travel Waiver Form (Stacie Rader in our office is a Notary Public)