Faculty and Administrator International Travel
PREPARATION TIMELINE and CHECKLIST
6 MONTHS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
- Apply for your passport/renew your passport
o Note: If you have a valid, unexpired passport, is your passport valid for at least 6 months after the planned return date of your trip? And do you have at least two pages available for stamps in your passport?
o Submit a color copy of your passport to International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get your VISA (if applicable)
o Submit a color copy to International Programs at email@example.com
o Do you need assistance applying for your VISA? Contact International Programs.
- Be aware that this process should start 4-6 months in advance
- Be aware that if you are not a US Citizen, VISA processing times and requirements vary from country to country
- Make your travel arrangements
o Submit your itinerary to International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you travel through another country to reach your destination, you may need a transit VISA. Please be sure to bring this to the attention of OIP, or if you are handling your own VISA, check with the airlines.
- If you are not a US citizen, a transit VISA may be required of you even when it is not required for a US Citizen, so be sure to communicate your citizenship.
- SUGGESTION Start exploring culture and developing your cross-cultural competence by attending The Culture Hour, every Thursday, 12-1:00 in the Calkins Conference Room G005 Orr Major
2-4 MONTHS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS
Please be sure that all necessary paperwork has been submitted and received by International Programs:
- Color copy of your passport
- Color copy of your VISA (if applicable)
- Flight and travel itinerary
- STEP enrollment confirmation (only US Citizens)
- Emergency Contact Form
- Health Insurance information (KU carries additional coverage for travelers that includes medical evacuation and repatriation)
- Waiver of Liability (Stacie Rader in our office is a Notary Public)
TRAVEL WARNING INFORMATION
Questions or concerns? Please contact us
Kimberly Connelly email@example.com cell 816-668-6414 office 913-588-1480
Stacie Rader firstname.lastname@example.org office 913-588-1480
Zachary Rogers email@example.com office 913-588-1480
Jan 14, 2015