- Fill out an application request form.
- NOTE: Elective Rotations are not available in July, August and September.
- Await response from Office of International Programs.
- If selected, student will be given an opportunity to complete an application for the Short Term Clinical Elective Rotation Program.
- Choose your TOP 4 rotation choices.
- There is NO guarantee that student will be granted an elective listed in his or her choices.
- Turn in completed application to Office of International Programs.
- Only applications with all required documents submitted will be considered complete.
- Priority will be given to those with completed applications.
- Once an Elective Rotation in the Short Term Program has been confirmed, an acceptance letter will be sent.
- Student will have 1 week to pay all of the non-refundable fees and complete the Clinical Expectations form and Professional Expectations form that we will send in an email.
- Payment must be received by the Office of International Programs using our peer transfer service and within the allotted time, or student will not be awarded the elective rotation.
Student will receive an official Welcome Letter and will be expected to send all flight and travel information to the Office of International Programs.
Completion of Immunization records is required. This form and supplemental documents must be reviewed and approved by our Student Health Coordinator prior to elective approval. Please refer to the Immunization Requirements page for more information.
KUMC requires that all students participating in the Short-Term Electives Program live in the International Accommodations. The accommodations are located walking distance to the KUMC campus. Accommodation fees will need to be submitted with the application fees.
May 27, 2015