Blackboard Collaborate is KUMC's solution for academic web conferencing.Collaborate Ultra is geared toward education and student engagement in online environments.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Collaborate Ultra is a user-friendly web conferencing system that is part of KUMC's Blackboard LMS (Learning Management System). It effortlessly connects instructors with their students in real time and provides a variety of communication tools that facilitate the learning process. Collaborate Ultra is not just for education either. It can also be utilized by KUMC users that are not part of the Blackboard LMS.
Here are some of the features Collaborate Ultra offers:
- Create and organize meetings within your Blackboard course page
- Take attendance when students enter the meeting
- Share content like: documents, desktop screens, applications, and whiteboards
- Video discussions utilizing web cameras and microphones
- Communicate without a microphone via the meeting chat room
- Record, manage, and share recordings in a MP4 format
- Specify breakout groups for small group collaboration and discussion
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS
- Use your phone to call into a meeting(cannot be used simultaneously with the Blackboard mobile app)
- Designate an individual to create live closed captions
Additional online resources for Collaborate Ultra:
Contact TLT at firstname.lastname@example.org or your TLT Liaison for help getting started.
- Sonny Painter, SHP Educational Technology Liaison, email@example.com
- Douglas Adams, SoM Educational Technology Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nellie Modaress, SoN Educational Technology Liaison, email@example.com