KUMC has two solutions for web conferencing: Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and Adobe Connect. Both provide excellent ways to communicate with your participants, but they serve two different purposes. Collaborate Ultra is geared more toward education and student engagement, while Adobe Connect will be for meetings that will facilitate the sharing of sensitive or private information. See below to learn more about which one is right for you.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Collaborate Ultra is a user-friendly web conferencing system that is part of KUMC's Blackboard LMS (Learning Management System). It effortlessly connects instructors with their students in real time and provides a variety of communication tools that facilitate the learning process. Collaborate Ultra is not just for education either. It can also be utilized by KUMC users that are not part of the Blackboard LMS.
Here are some of the features Collaborate Ultra offers:
- Create and organize meetings within your Blackboard course page
- Take attendance when students enter the meeting
- Share content like: documents, desktop screens, applications, and whiteboards
- Video discussions utilizing web cameras and microphones
- Communicate without a microphone via the meeting chat room
- Record, manage, and share recordings in a MP4 format
- Specify breakout groups for small group collaboration and discussion
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS
- Use your phone to call into a meeting(cannot be used simultaneously with the Blackboard mobile app)
- Designate an individual to create live closed captionsCollaborate Account Request Form
Additional online resources for Collaborate Ultra:
Connect is now a HIPAA compliant web conferencing tool for meetings that require sharing confidential or private information. To ensure that this information does not become public, some features have been removed from Connect and others are now required.
- Every meeting will require a passcode for participants to join.
- Hosts will no longer be able to record meetings.
- Participants will no longer be auto-promoted to Presenter status when joining meetings.
- Remote Control of another participant's desktop will be disabled.
- User's will see a compliance notice regarding confidentiality and privacy before they can join the meeting.
Additional online resources for Adobe Connect:
For more information about these services, contact Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) at (913) 588-7107 or email email@example.com.