Online Learning with Blackboard
At KUMC, online courses are developed and delivered using Blackboard, a comprehensive suite of online teaching and learning tools. TLT assistance is available for all aspects of your online course: advising, designing, developing, training, teaching, and supporting.
- Fully online courses provide both you and your students with a convenient and effective learning environment, anytime and anywhere.
- Hybrid courses, where some class time is face-to-face and other time is spent learning online, allow you to select the most effective delivery method for the various activities in your course.
- Web-enhanced courses meet face-to-face, but include a Blackboard coursesite to enhance course content and activities, such as online access to PowerPoints, an online gradebook, or between class discussions.
What are some exciting and useful capabilities of Blackboard?
- Provide your students with online access to course documents, including your syllabus, PowerPoints, case studies, journal articles, etc.
- Communicate easily with your students using email, discussion boards, chat, and class announcements.
- Include an online gradebook to keep students informed of their progress and grades.
- Conduct formative and summative quizzes and exams online, and have items automatically graded and entered into an online gradebook.
How do I begin using Blackboard?
For assistance with or questions about their online courses, instructors should contact their school's TLT representatives:
Educational Technology Liaisons
Online Learning Specialists
Additional online resources for online learning with Blackboard:
- KUMC Blackboard Login
- Online Learning Consortium
- Illinois Online Network: Online Education Resources
For more information about this service, contact Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) at (913) 588-7107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.