System Availability and Recoverability
This category includes a number of technologies which are more or less transparent to most members of the KUMC community but whose effectiveness is essential to the functionality, stability, reliability, or availability of information resources and technologies in use at KUMC.
- Thoroughly test new software and systems prior to implementing them, particularly those locally developed, to minimize the likelihood of a negative outcome from their introduction into the KUMC production technology environment.
- Assure that KUMC computer systems have been evaluated within their business context and that appropriate strategies for system availability and recovery are in place.
- Assure recoverability of KUMC systems data.
- Transition the server and network resources in Wahl Annex to a new facility.
- Implement an off-site disaster recovery facility.
Major objectives (an objective is ongoing if no target deadline is included)
- SAR-9: Install redundant DX (self-contained cooling) unit in Wahl Annex. Planning meetings underway. Plans are being drawn up. Funding will happen soon. No set time-table at this point. Waiting on FO to schedule work. FO continues to push this schedule out. Work scheduled for late summer. Construction has been pushed to September 2012.. (MF)
Jun 29, 2012