Personal computing includes desktop, laptop, and tablet PCs, as well as handheld technology.
- Enhance our capability to centrally manage desktop and laptop computers..
- Improve central management of personal productivity device security and select other functionality.
- Support current Microsoft operating systems and applications.
Major Objectives (an objective is ongoing if no target deadline is included)
- PC-10: Deploy Windows 7 on all new desktop and laptop computers and selectively upgrade Windows XP computers with a veiw towards 99% deployment of Windows 7 by April 30 2012. (JT)
- PC-12: Develop web-based tutorials for Microsoft Office products licensed by the University and continue to provide face to face options (classroom and individual). (BP)
- PC-13: Develop a training program for users moving from Office and SharePoint 2007 to Office and SharePoint 2010 pending the implementation of 2010 products. Office 2010 100% complete; SharePoint still pending. (BP)
Aug 05, 2013