Administrative support includes core business systems (financial, human resources, payroll), document management, and the data warehouse.
- Monitor the progress of the Oracle "Fusion" project to understand its impact on future administrative systems directions at KUMC.
- Attend to other developments in the administrative systems domain, including open-source developments, to prepare for possible migration from Oracle/PeopleSoft.
- Use the KUMC data warehouse both for reporting from PeopleSoft and other source systems (as appropriate) and for presenting information integrated from two or more source systems.
- Support the School of Medicine's needs for financial data integrated from State, grant, KUEA, clinical, and other sources.
- Grow usage of Document Management services within the University community.
- Grow the data warehouse by incorporating information from some or all of the following source systems: KU Endowment Financials; KUPI ADP (Payroll); KUPI Great Plains Financials; PeopleSoft Faculty Database; KUMC Space Database; and the PeopleSoft Grants Module.
- Grow usage of workflow within the PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 application to create efficiencies in business process flows.
Major Objectives (an objective is ongoing if no target deadline is included)
- AS-33: Implement SciQuest procurement and integrate it with PeopleSoft Financials by October 31, 2013 (JB)
- AS-34: Migrate Oracle Imaging to Perceptive Software's ImageNow at KUL. (JB)
- AS-35: Modify the KMC 8.0 RFA bolt-on to handle RFA processing for HCM 9.1 data transactions for KMC and KUL by February 28, 2013. (JB).
Jan 30, 2013