Microsoft Campus Agreement

What can Students Use?

Students get Office365 for free.  Go to:  Office365 can be installed on five devices and used (with fewer features) on tablets and smart phones.  Students also get 1 TB of space in OneDrive for Business to store documents.

What is the Campus Agreement?

The Campus Agreement is a site license for selected Microsoft software. It gives University employees (only) the right to install covered software on KUMC owned desktop and notebook computers.

What software can I run under the Campus Agreement?

  • MS Office Professional (all versions, PC and Mac): Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access [PC only], OneNote, InfoPath, Lync, and Outlook
  • Windows operating systems
  • Visual Studio

Are any important Microsoft Products not covered by the Campus Agreement?

There are two commonly used pieces of software that must be purchased to use.  These can be purchased through SHI in the Market Center.

  • Microsoft Project
  • Microsoft Visio

Who is covered by the Campus Agreement?

University faculty and staff (both full and part-time) and University-managed student labs only.

Who is NOT covered by the Campus Agreement?

Hospital employees and employees of Hospital-affiliated entities (KU MedWest, Mid-America Cardiology, Jayhawk Clinics, etc.); KUPI employees; Research Institute employees; Bookstore employees; and all other employees not paid by the State of Kansas. Students and residents are also not covered but can use the software in University-managed computer labs.

How many copies of the software can I install?

As many as you need to conduct your University business within established licensing requirements. If you have 2 computers in your office, 4 in your lab, and a couple of notebooks, no problem.

If I am a University employee, can I load MS Office on my home computer under the Campus Agreement?

Yes, you may install up to 5 copies of MS Office at no cost on your personal devices.  Go to:

Software must be removed once your employment with KUMC ends.

KUMC Software License Policy
MS Student Select Agreement

Last modified: Apr 19, 2016