Blackboard Learning Management System
At KUMC, online courses are developed and delivered using Blackboard Learning Management Suite, a comprehensive suite of online teaching and learning tools. Teaching & Learning Technologies assistance is available for all aspects of your online course: advising, designing, developing, training, teaching, and supporting. Some of the features include:
- Upload documents (like a syllabus) or files (like slideshows or flash interactions) for students to download or view.
- Gradebook that automatically populates with assignments to keep students informed of their progress and grades.
- Calendar to populate due dates and events for the course.
- Communicate easily with your students using email, discussion boards, chat, and class announcements.
- Conduct formative and summative quizzes and tests online, and have items automatically graded.
- Assignments allows students to submit documents and files to the instructor to grade.
How do I start using Blackboard?
School of Health Professions faculty can contact their TLT Liaison, Sonny Painter for assistance with or questions about their online courses. They can also fill out the SAH Course Request form.
School of Medicine faculty can contact their TLT Liaison, Nellie Modaress for assistance with or questions about their online courses. They can also fill out the SOM Course Request form.
School of Nursing faculty can contact their TLT Liaison for assistance with or questions about their online courses.Blackboard courses are created through a batch process sent from the School of Nursing Administration upon approval of the Associate Deans for the graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Distance Education at a Glance:
- Good Teaching is Good Teaching: An Emerging Set of Guiding Principles and Practices for the Design and Development of Distance Education:
For more information about this service, contact Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) at (913) 588-7107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 23, 2013