Online Learning with Blackboard
At KUMC, online courses are developed and delivered using Blackboard, a comprehensive learning managment suite of online teaching and learning tools. Teaching & Learning Technologies assistance is available for all aspects of your online course: advising, designing, developing, training, teaching, and supporting.
Why is this service important or valuable to faculty?
- Fully online courses provide both you and your students with a convenient and effective learning environment, anytime and anywhere.
- Hybrid courses, where some class time is face-to-face and other time is spent learning online, allow you to select the most effective delivery method for the various activities in your course.
- Web-enhanced courses meet face-to-face, but include a Blackboard coursesite to enhance course content and activities, such as online access to PowerPoints, a gradebook, or between-class discussions.
What are some exciting and useful capabilities of this service?
- Provide your students with online access to course documents, including your syllabus, PowerPoints, case studies, journal articles, etc.
- Communicate easily with your students using email, discussion boards, and class announcements.
- Include an online gradebook to keep students informed of their progress and grades.
- Conduct formative and summative quizzes and exams online, and have items automatically graded and entered into an online gradebook.
How do I begin using this service?
For assistance with or questions about their online courses, instructors should contact their TLT Liaison:
School of Health Professions - Sonny Painter, (913) 588-5532
School of Medicine - (913) 588-7107
School of Nursing - Nellie Modaress, (913) 588-7341
Additional online resources for this service:
For more information about this service, contact Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) at (913) 588-7107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nov 18, 2013