Use this quick start page to test your computer and learn what you will need to participate in an Adobe Connect meeting. You can also call the Adobe Connect Support at 888-523-8445 or 800-422-3623.
This setup can be done at any time prior to your participation in an Adobe Connect session. It is recommended that you go through ALL the steps below, several days before your actual session. This will allow ample time for troubleshooting any technical problems.
System Requirements and Equipment
1. A computer that meets faculty and staff computer standards at KUMC will run an Adobe Connect session.
2. To use the audio features of Connect you will need a USB Headset. A headset can be purchased online or at an electronics store for around $20.
3. Click on the following link to check your system for all needed components to run Adobe Connect. Please note, we recommend using Internet Explorer or Firefox for Adobe Connect.
Using Adobe Connect
4. Once you have all the needed components installed and BEFORE entering the session, make sure: a. headset is plugged in b. not using wireless c. signed in only once
5. Join the meeting by signing in as Guest or login to Configuration Room https://connect.kumc.edu/config/
6. Follow the Directions in the room to check that your speakers, microphone and webcam work. You will be asked to go to the Meeting tab > Audio Setup Wizard and follow the steps. To speak in your meeting, you will click on the Connect My Audio button (the button is in the menu bar--it looks like a picture of a microphone). Watch the following video "Attending a Meeting" -- Click the Full Screen button on the lower right corner of the video to expand the video full sized.
Participant Quick Start guide (PDF): http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/vqs-participants/
Hosts Quick Start guide (PDF): http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/vqs-hosts/
Finding Your Session
7. You will receive a URL to browse to your Adobe Connect session from the Host (the person conducting) of the meeting. If the session is part of your course, the link to the session will be in your course where your instructor pasted the link. Session URLs will be something like:
"MEETINGNAME" will be changed depending on what the host named the meeting.
8. If you experience any trouble with the setup or during the session, contact TLT at 913-588-7107 or email email@example.com. You can also call Adobe Connect technical support at 888-523-8445 or 800-422-3623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if it is outside of TLT's normal business hours (M-F 8am-5pm).