Online Learning with Blackboard
Why is this service important or valuable to faculty?
- Fully online courses provide both you and your students with a convenient and effective learning environment, anytime and anywhere.
- Hybrid courses, where some class time is face-to-face and other time spent learning online, allow you to select the most effective delivery method for the various activities in your course.
- Web-enhanced courses meet face-to-face, but include a Blackboard coursesite to enhance course content and activities, such as online access to PowerPoints, a gradebook, or between-class discussions.
What are some exciting and useful capabilities of this service?
- Provide your students with online access to course documents, including your syllabus, PowerPoints, case studies, journal articles, etc.
- Communicate easily with your students using email, discussion boards, and class announcements.
- Include an online gradebook to keep students informed of their progress and grades.
- Conduct formative and summative quizzes and exams online, and have items automatically graded and entered into an online gradebook.
How do I begin using this service?
TLT assistance is available for all aspects of your online course: advising, designing, developing, training, teaching, and supporting. For assistance with or questions about their online courses, instructors should contact their school's TLT representatives:
- School of Health Professions
Sonny Painter, SHP Educational Technology Liaison, (913) 588-5532
Kelsie Nunnally, SHP eLearning Support Specialist, (913) 588-3678
- School of Medicine
Douglas Adams, SoM Educational Technology Liaison, (913) 588-6062
April Robbs, SoM eLearning Support Specialist, (913) 588-7361
- School of Nursing
Nellie Modaress, SoN Educational Technology Liaison, (913) 588-7341
Julie Zimmerman, SoN eLearning Support Specialist, (913) 588-7114
For additional online training, check out Blackboard's YouTube Playlists
Dec 11, 2014