Security Incident Report Form

Please read our incident report policy carefully, then fill out the form below to report an incident. If you have any further questions, you may contact Information Security by dialing extension 8-3333 or emailing

Email Harassment

If you receive threatening email and are concerned for your personal safety contact University Police. Report other types of email harassment to the Associate Director for Networking at 84970.

Password Compromise

If you suspect unauthorized use of your password,

  1. if possible, change the password immediately
  2. determine if there has been a serious security breach (such as access to confidential documents or use of the account to send threatening/harassing email)
  3. try to identify how password was compromised (computer left logged in and unattended? password visible or shared with anyone? easily guessed password?) and review the Password Policy.
  4. notify the Jayhawk Tech Clinic (IT Help Desk) at 87995 for email, voice mail, network and remote access passwords; notify the system administrator for all other passwords.

System Intrusion

If you suspect your desktop computer has been compromised notify the Jayhawk Tech Clinic (IT Help Desk) at ext. 87995. Jayhawk Tech Clinic staff will help define the problem and eliminate other possible causes of hardware/software failure.

If you suspect your server (UNIX/NT/Netware/other) has been compromised, contact the security administrator at ext. 87316. Be prepared to provide the following information:

  • affected machine(s)
  • account(s) used
  • methods of intrusion
  • source of attack (hostname/IP)
  • intruder tools involved
  • software versions and patch levels
  • intruder tool output
  • details of vulnerabilities exploited
  • any other relevant information

If serious (root) compromise is suspected, disconnect system from the network immediately.


Contact the Jayhawk Tech Clinic (IT Help Desk) at ext. 87995 if you need assistance removing a virus from your desktop computer or server.

Other Security Incidents

Dial 911 or contact University Police to report campus or personal security incidents.

Last modified: Jun 16, 2016