Program Prerequisites and How to Apply
Program prerequisites include:
- B.S. or B.A. degree
- GRE scores
- One year of general chemistry
- One year of organic or one semester of organic and one semester of biochemistry
- One year of biological sciences
- One semester of calculus
- One semester of physics
Research experience (beyond labs associated with lecture courses) is strongly suggested. Applicants will be assessed based on a combination of GPA, research experience, and GRE scores. In some cases, students may be considered for admission even if they have not fulfilled all prerequisites.
To apply for admission:
- Submit your completed application and pay the $60 non-refundable application fee. (You will be asked to provide contact e-mail addresses for three references. After you submit your application, your references will then receive an automated e-mail with instructions for submitting their letter of recommendation through our online system.)
- Request that one copy of your official transcripts from each college/university previously attended be sent to the KUMC Office of Post Doctoral Affairs and Graduate Studies at the following address:
KUMC Office of Post Doctoral Affairs and Graduate Studies
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
- Request an official copy of your GRE scores to be sent to KUMC.
- If you are an international student, request an official copy of your TOEFL scores be sent to KUMC. Minimum TOEFL scores for admission are at least a 23 on the Reading and Listening portions of the TOEFL IBT and at least a 19 on the Writing section. We do accept IELTS scores in place of the TOEFL. Minimum scores for the IELTS are 6.5 overall with no part score below 6. Either the TOEFL or the IELTS must have been taken within two years of the first semester of enrollment. For non-native speakers, these scores may be weighted more heavily than the verbal GRE.
For direct reporting of GRE and TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6895.
All positions are now full for the Fall 2016 semester. The Fall 2017 application window will open on October 1st. The deadline for the application is December 1st. Once your completed application has been received it will be reviewed by the admissions committee. Applications will be considered until all positions are full. Outstanding applicants will be eligible for early acceptance. A recruitment/interview weekend will be held in mid/late February. If you are selected by the review panel, we will arrange travel for you at our expense to visit the KUMC campus. All decisions regarding acceptance will be made as soon as possible, but no later than May.
Jun 08, 2016