Learning and Development
L.I.F.E. @ KUMC
As we move from training to Living the Jayhawk Way, our charge is to make this an ongoing part of LIFE at KUMC. By committing to Learn, Improve, Focus, and Engage.
- Keep using what you have learned in order to "make it stick", and keep learning new things.
- Pursue self-directed learning, take classes, learn from your colleagues, learn by teaching, participate in conferences, read, try new things...
- Just learn!
- Set and pursue goals for your own personal and professional development, for your department, for our organization.
- Keep believing that you, your colleagues, and our organization can and will continue to improve.
- Commit to continuous, never-ending improvement. Don't settle for "good enough".
- When you reach your goals, set new ones. Keep raising the bar.
- Focus on solutions (not problems).
- Focus on possibilities (not limitations).
- Focus on the future - our shared vision of the future.
- Be emotionally involved and committed to the organization and its goals, connected to our missions and to your colleagues, and optimistic about our future.
- Know that you make a difference.
- Work hard on things that matter, be a great colleague, and inspire those around you to do the same.
NEW: On-boarding Toolkits for
Sign up for individual sessions - Jayhawk Way Calendar 1:1 meetings
Jun 13, 2014