The centralized information technology group on campus is called Information Resources. It includes desktop computer support, networking, telecommunications and phone support, web content management, custom application development, media production, learning management system support, information security, and support for the HR/Pay and Financial systems. It also houses the academic medical library, Dykes Library.
One of the most important things to get ahead of your first day is your KUMC network userid/password. Your manager should have submitted a request to create this account and have contacted you with your userid, temporary password, and instructions on how to change your password following our security guidelines.
Visit the Information Resources site for details on all their services. Some key areas that could be helpful to you in your first few weeks here:
- Computer/Phone Support: Call Jayhawk Tech Clinic (IT Help Desk) at 913-588-7995 for assistance with phone or computer problems, or open a ticket online (userid/password required).
- Institutional portal: myKUMC provides access to pay and benefits information and a variety of services including password changes, software downloads, subscription-based announcements, photo rosters for faculty, and more.
- Training: A variety of training including Microsoft Office, Outlook email, EndNote reference tools, and more is available. Visit the Technology Training Classes page for more details and signup.
- Work from Home: Set up your home and work computers so you can remotely control your work computer from anywhere.
- Set up your Voicemail: You can access your voicemail from the web, create a custom recording, or send it to an email account using the AVST CallXPress site.
- Set up your printer: Select the printer name (usually named for the room in which it's in) and install the necessary driver and preferences.
Jun 15, 2014