Creating New or Reallocated Positions
To request a new position or reallocate an existing position, we need the following documented information submitted as a package:
- a written request setting out the rationale for establishing a new position or reallocating a position signed by the Department Head or Chair;
- a fully completed draft position description entered by the department in the online employment system;
- an organizational chart depicting the proposed new position and its reporting relationship;
- the specific type of funding that will be used to support the position.
- If the request is to reallocate a position based upon the assignment of additional duties, then the rationale supporting the request must specify where the duties originated and why this position is being chosen for that assignment.
- If the duties are coming from another position, then we must have a fully updated online position description for the affected position(s) to ensure appropriate classification.
- Special Note: If the proposed new/reallocated position has the same position description as an approved online position, that statement should be included in the written request as part of the rationale.
Apr 18, 2013