State of Kansas KUMC Employee Discount Program
Auto | Cell Phone Services | Entertainment | Other | Restaurants/Food | Travel
KU Medical Center wants to make certain its employees get the most out of their hard earned money, which is why the discount program was established. From cell phone carriers to parking at the airport, movie theatre discounts at the popular Legends facility and reduced memberships to Sam's Club, we understand how important it is to stretch those extra dollars for you and your family. If you have questions regarding our discount program, what is available and how to go about obtaining some spectacular savings, please contact Jecarma Allen at (913) 588-5088.
In conjunction with the Kansas State Employee Discount Program, Jayhawk Rewards is a benefit designed to provide state employees with the opportunity to take advantage of their employment with KU Medical Center by receiving discounts on goods and services. Our program will showcase discounts and deals around the Kansas City Metropolitan area that are available to all State of Kansas employees (limitations or restrictions may apply). These discounts may be used solely at the discretion of the employee.
The following is a list of discounts available to State of Kansas employees online or within the Kansas City Metropolitan area. This is not a complete list. For more information on discounts in your area, or for travel through Kansas, please visit the State of Kansas Star website.
If you are a vendor hoping to provide discounted goods or services to KUMC, you must first fill out the State of Kansas application available on the STAR website. Once you have been approved, please fill out the KUMC's Vendor Application.
- Brian's Auto is pleased to announce these discounts for employees and students of KUMC: Free mounting and balancing on new tire purchases, Free courtesy brake inspection with purchase of oil change, and 10% discount on service work. Brian's Auto is a full mechanical service, performing factory maintenance, diagnosis, brakes, radiators, tires, exhaust, and much more. Located at the NW corner of 47th and Mission Rd. Free shuttle service available to and from KUMC. MUST SHOW KUMC ID FOR DISCOUNTS. Open Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm. (913) 432-0155.
- McCarthy Olathe Nissan - Now, through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), all State of Kansas employees are eligible to pay a pre-negotiated price for Nissan vehicles: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus a destination handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee. All new Nissan purchases come with Lifetime, no charge, oil changes with all new Nissan purchases. For further information or questions please contact Jeremy Claerhout at 913-232-2624.
- McCarthy Autogroup (Chevrolet/Hyundai/Pre-Owned) - Now, through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), all State of Kansas employees are eligible to pay a pre-negotiated price for new and pre-owned vehicles: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus a destination handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee. For further information or questions please contact Jeremy Claerhout at 913-232-2624.
- Neptune Car Wash - Get a 50% Discount when you wash your car at NEPTUNE!
Neptune also offers a specially designed wash area for your 'doggie'. Or, you can have Neptune detail your car and make it look like new.
- Express Wash - $6.00 - you pay only $3.00 Includes - Pre-pressure spray, wash and blow dry, exterior wipe down and free use of the vacuum for your interior.
- The Wheel Deal - $8.00 - you pay $4.00 Includes - the above plus Underbody Flush, Clear Coat and Wheel Brite
- Tri-Foam Deluxe - $10.00 - you pay $5.00 Includes - the above plus Tri Foam Polish
- Ultimate wash - Rain X Complete Wash - $12.00 - you pay $6.00 Includes - the above plus Simonize Tire Shine and RAIN X
- 10% Discount on any Dog wash in specially designed, interior Wash Units
- 10% Discount on Car Detail Services
- TruckChamp - We are pleased to offer all State of Kansas employees a 10% off all of our truck accessories; please use the discount code SKEES at checkout. We carry Westin nerf bars, floor mats, Ford nerf bars, tonneau covers, and more! TruckChamp is a family owned and operated company headquartered in Indiana. It is among the fastest growing online retailer of truck and SUV accessories. We ship anywhere in the U.S. Please contact Daniel at (888)244-5908 for questions.
- Jack Miller Jeep Kia - For employees, staff and students of KU Medical Center: $500.00 below Factory Invoice on any new in stock Jeep, excluding SRT8 Grand Cherokee. In addition, you may receive up to $6000.00 in available rebates on new Jeeps. $300.00 below Factory Invoice on any new Kia. In addition, you may receive up to $3500.00 in available rebates on new Kias. Contact: Ted Beltz, 816-728-7178
Cell Phone Services
- AT&T - 15% Discount for all KUMC employees! Visit the new KUMC employee website where you can order new service or equipment at a discounted rate and enroll existing plans in the 15% monthly discount program. In order to enroll existing plans with the 15% monthly discount, employees must visit the website, select the "Students and Faculty" icon on the right, and enter your work email address. An email with be sent to the address you provide and you will need to follow the instructions to access your account or apply your discount. If asked for your Foundation Account Number (FAN), please use #00111180. If you have any questions, please contact Angie Jackson, our University Account Executive at 901-381-7729.
- Sprint - A special offer for employees of KUMC! Save 18% on Sprint service plans. To place an order or to request your discount, visit the Sprint store just outside the hospital cafeteria or find a local Sprint store. Mention this code to claim your discount: GUHPI_KSU_ZZZ.
- Verizon Wireless: All KU Medical Center employees qualify for a 15% discount with Verizon Wireless! Our dedicated Verizon Wireless Sales Representative is Jim Casey. To find out more about our discount program, please contact Jim Casey at 785-207-1200. Jim will be able to answer any questions you might have regarding your existing account, starting a new account, or purchasing accessories. Verizon will be on campus quarterly. Watch your Something More email for dates.
- Starlight Theatre - $4 per ticket discount on Plaza and Center Terrace seating during Starlight's Broadway Season. Valid Sun.-Thurs. Contact Jill Tilton, Gp Sales Manager at 816-997-1119 and use code KUMCSP.
- Benefits Banking from Commerce Bank is a special banking benefit that gives KUMC employees preferred access to the best personal banking services that Commerce offers! Simply for being a KUMC employee, you are entitled to additional free, discounted and bonus rate services. Benefits Banking accounts include: Free checking with no minimum balance, ongoing free checks, free online banking and bill pay, free Commerce ATM and debit card, special interest rates, the convenience of two ATMs on the KUMC campus, plus much more! There is also a limited time special cash incentive for opening and using your new Benefits Banking account. Call or visit Martha Hasker, 816-234-1734, at the Commerce Banking Center on Rainbow or stop by for more information and treats while a Commerce representative is on campus the 2nd Thursday of each month.
- Sam`s Club Memberships - Sam's Club is offering KUMC employees a discounted membership on both renewals and new memberships. ALL KUMC faculty/staff/students are eligible to receive a $25 gift card when renewing or opening a Plus Membership or a $10 gift card when renewing or opening an Advantage Membership. The Plus Membership includes two annual membership cards, plus additional benefits; i.e., shopping earlier hours 7-10 am, Mon-Sat; e-values, weekly merchandise discounts guaranteed to save $300 per year; pharmacy discounts, 40% generics, 8% non-generics. Annual Plus Membership is $100. The Advantage Membership includes two annual membership cards - at an annual cost of $40. Application forms are available at this link (Sam's Club Form). Return the form along with cash or check (payable to Sam's Club) to Jecarma Allen, in the Employee Service Center, 1044 Delp or you can mail it directly to the attention of Cynthia Gehrt, Sam's Club Representative at: 12200 W. 95th St, Lenexa, KS 66215
- Don The Glove - Company distributes premium disposable medical gloves. Products include nitrile, vinyl, latex and synthetic gloves in powder and powder-free. Contact: Jen Keller, (800) 475-0332
- Fuji Japanses Steakhouse & Sushi Bar - 556 Westport Road (next to Chili's) 10% discount on lunch, Mon.-Fri. Please show employee ID at checkout.
- Godfather's Pizza - 24-48 hours notice preferred, but can accomodate any orders. 30-45% off of regular pizza prices when ordering 4 or more pizzas based upon # of pizzas ordered. Free delivery over $50. Also comes with free plates, mints, cheese and pepper. You must go through the following contact in order to get the state discount, please do not call the store directly. Contact: Will Nicklin, (816) 589-4381 or 800-568-4473 x1030 or email email@example.com
- Maggie Moo's: All State of Kansas employees receive 10% off ice cream, ice cream cakes, and ice cream treats. Please show a valid KUMC id badge. Visit Maggie Moo's at 8600 N. Church Rd, KCMO. Questions: 816-415-0987
- The Parking Spot - When you fly out of MCI, are you parking at The Parking Spot? Did you know that KU Medical Center has a 20% discount with The Parking Spot, offering discounted rates as low as $6.82 per day and covered parking for as low as $10.34 per day.
Also, they run the fastest shuttle fleet at MCI, with on-demand pick up at their facility and shuttles circling the airport every five to seven minutes. They also offer state-of-the-art technology and the only online frequent parker program. Frequent parking points are redeemed online, with 24 hour advance notice, via your registered Spot Club Exec account for free parking anywhere from 1 to 30 days. Lastly, with amenities like a free USA Today in the morning, cold bottled water at exit, and the Spot Club Exec program, you won't want to park anywhere else.
- 24/7 Shuttle Service. They will pick you up at your car and drop you at the front door of your terminal. When you return, they will pick you up at the terminal and drop you off at your car.
- Electronic Spot Club Exc Frequent Parker Program. With your Spot Club Exec card, you will receive 5 points for every dollar you spend and your 20% discount all with one card. To obtain a card, please visit our personalized website or contact Jody Keller at 816-270-1000.
- Free Luggage Assistance
- Free Emergency Battery and Tire Change Assistance
- Free Towing within 25 miles
- Complimentary Emergency Locksmith
- Complimentary USA Today at check in
- Complimentary Bottled Water at check out
- Thrifty Car Rental - 10% off car rental. 15% off of Thrifty Airport Parking. Mention Promotion Code: PCAB83. Restrictions apply. Contact Mike McLeod at 816-464-5670.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
KU Medical Center and the State of Kansas does not endorse or affirm the quality of products or services provided by the discount vendors. KUMC provides a listing of discount programs offered by local businesses. The information contained in this brochure is believed to be reliable and while every effort is made to assure the information is as accurate as possible, KUMC and the State of Kansas at no time endorses nor recommends any specific commercial products, process or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, and does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the state.
Employee discount information on this website lists available discounts from appropriate vendors, regardless of size or the existence of an official business contract with the State of Kansas. Discount proposals originate from referrals by KU Medical Center employees or by direct contact from a vendor. All offers by vendors are subject to change without notice.
Feb 26, 2014