Employee Service Center - Benefits
The Benefits staff serves as the primary resource for information, problem solving assistance, and advice regarding faculty and staff benefits. We strive to provide a professional and responsive approach by rendering quality service and promoting awareness and understanding of benefits. Our goal is to contribute to a more productive and satisfied workforce by offering high quality service that not only meets, but exceeds employees' needs and expectations. Areas of responsibility include life, health, disability and long term care insurance, retirement plans and savings, Family and Medical Leave Act, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, education savings accounts, and employee assistance program. The Benefits Office is located in Employee Service Center at 1044 Delp Pavilion, Mail Stop 2022, 913-588-5087.
Recent updates from the State Employee Health Plan
- Important News from HealthQuest: Rewards Program Deadline Extended to November 15, 2014
More state employee health plan news, July 2014.
- New Benefit to Address Prescription Drug Costs: Rx Savings Solutions
- Online Open Enrollment Information for Plan Year 2015. The State Employee Health Plan is transitioning to providing your open enrollment materials exclusively on the KDHE website, www.kdheks.gov/hcf/sehp.htm beginning with Plan Year 2015. Booklets and comparison charts will no longer be provided to employees.
- When an employee is adding a newborn to their health plan, and do not currently cover any other child, a social security number will be required at the time of enrollment. Enrollment is required within 31 days of the birth. We will not add the child without a social security number. If other children are currently on the plan, the newborn can be added without a SSN, but the number must be provided within 41 days of birth. Please contact the Benefits staff at 588-5086 with questions.
- New Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider now available for KUMC employees
Jul 16, 2014