Videos for Consumer/Patient Educators -- not approved by ONC
The materials below were selected from the inventory matrix but have not been approved by ONC.
These videos on health information technology and health information exchange privacy and security may be useful for those engaging and educating consumers.
Dr. Carolyn Clancy - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Director: Personal Health Record (Part I) Podcast - November 22, 2005.
Click for podcast: http://www.healthcare411.ahrq.gov/podcast.aspx?id=6
- What a personal health record (PHR) is.
- Why it is important to keep PHRs, and why they should be computerized.
- What is involved in creating a PHR.
- Difference between a PHR and an electronic health record.
- Whether it is a lot of work for a patient to maintain a PHR.
Dr. Carolyn Clancy - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Director: Personal Health Record (Part 2) Podcast - November 29, 2005.
Click for podcast: http://www.healthcare411.ahrq.gov/podcast.aspx?id=179
- The future of PHRs and EHRs
- Loss of records
- Whether the technology is available to easily create an electronic version of a PHR.
- Factors that will drive consumers and providers to use the information systems.
- Compatibility between products.
- PHRs for young adults.
- Whether insurance companies are facilitating use.
- Impact on disease management.
National Medical Report: AHIMA American Health Information Management Association Video – Added on April 8, 2008.
Click for video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZzIw6RpQVg
- Benefits of maintaining personal health records.
- Promoting myPHR.com.
This health video discusses personal health records making a good case as to why you should have a PHR.
Click for video: http://www.healthvideo.com/video.php?id=532341
- What it is.
- Why keep your own personal health record?
- What doctors recommend should be in your personal health record.
- What information should you include?
This California Healthcare Foundation video differentiates an electronic health record and chronic disease management system (CDMS)/disease registries.
Click for video:http://www.chcf.org/topics/view.cfm?itemID=133586
- What is a disease registry/CDMS?
- Benefits and Impact
- Business Case - Pay for Performance
Jul 31, 2013