The KUCC Grants Development Office is available to assist faculty and researchers in the development of a grant proposal from conceptualization to the final submission of a proposal. The level of assistance provided during the development process varies based on the complexity of the grant proposal, the experience of the proposer(s) and the need for a team approach to develop the proposal. Most of our services are in the pre-award area, but we are also able to assist with non-financial post-award activities.
- Provide RFA guidelines interpretation and scrutinize for special requirements, submission details and compliance issues
- Serve as single point of contact for multi-investigator grants or multiple participants in proposal development
- Address subcontracting issues and coordinate submission with partnering university(s)
- Coordinate the use of cancer center cores and shared resources
- Forms development and/or completion of administrative information
- Assist with or prepare non-science documents (biographical sketch, face page, other support, checklist, resources, other requests)
- Assist with budget development
- Prepare final layout
- Print final proposal, multiply originals and ship via FedEx hard-copy applications
- Prepare internal proposal routing sheet and obtain necessary signatures
- Conduct ongoing research to identify and disseminate funding opportunities announcements (FOAs) of interest to KUCC members
- Identify and disseminate funding opportunities announcements (FOAs) of interest to KUCC members
- Offer individual consultation to investigators to identify FOAs suitable for their career level and scientific interest.
- Assist with various other pre-award or post-award matters
Aug 27, 2013