An emergency is any situation that requires the immediate placement of a Purchase Order, to assure continued functioning of a research activity, to protect life and/or property, or to insure the supply of utilities to buildings and facilities. All departments must follow the procedure set forth by the Purchasing department.
Emergency purchase procedure
- Department will:
- Notify the Purchasing Department
- If during normal working hours (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Mon. - Fri.), the department will place their order on-line via a requisition. If after hours, the requisition will be entered immediately following the first day of normal working hours. See Personal Reimbursements Policy and Procedure, if a personal reimbursement is necessary.
- Phone the Purchasing Department and verbally notify them of the request.
- Fax or e-mail to Purchasing Department a Prior Authorization form . Indicate on Prior Authorization form the requisition number.
- Purchasing Will:
- Create a Purchase Order for the emergency within one hour.
- The PeopleSoft system will automatically generate and send an email to the requester with the purchase order attached. It is the department's responsibility to place the order with the vendor.
- All orders:
- Are subject to non-approval if not purchased from the correct source (i.e. protected vendor or contract vendor).
- All purchases require a prior authorization form, including personal reimbursements.
- Grant purchases are contingent upon approval by Grant Accounting.
Apr 01, 2016