Frequently Asked Questions

On November 1, 2016 this Resource will be moved to the Intranet

The University of Kansas Medical Center launched an intranet on June 20, 2016 to provide easier access to information and tools used by our faculty and staff.

All materials related to the KUMC Accounts Payable will be moved to the intranet. Please update any bookmarks that point to this page. Valid KU Medical Center network credentials are required to access the intranet.

If you are affiliated with another institution and are interested in collaborating or learning more about our procedures, please contact Dan Arbuckle.

Q. What Account Code should be used for meals when recruiting new faculty?
When the recruitee and state employees have a meal together and the state pays for the meal, then the Account Code has to be 2970 for "Official Hospitality." When using Account Code 2970, "Official Hospitality," the date, place, purpose, list of attendees and whether they are state employees or not must be included on the payment.

Account 2610 should be used only to reimburse the recruitee's meals paid by the recruitee.

If you have any additional questions about the proper Account Code to use in a particular situation please call (8-5335) or e-mail Toni Funderburke in Accounts Payable.

Q. I need to change some information for a vendor. How do I do that?
A. Use the Add/Change Vendor form located on the Purchasing web site.

Last modified: Oct 20, 2016