When not wet or stained by food or oil, cardboard is recyclable. It is also biodegradable, but it's always a good idea to put it in the bin instead of littering.
- OCC/ Corrugated Cardboard
- Chip board/ Paper Board
- Cereal/Snack Boxes (plastic liners removed)
- Paper Towel Rollers
- Wax Cardboard
- Drink Cartons
- Food Containers
- Styrofoam, Peanuts, Plastic Wrap
Cardboard Collection Process
- Cardboard should be broken down before it is recycled in the cardboard bin at the green station.
- Oversized Cardboard boxes should be broken down and can be wedged within the green station for pickup by housekeeping at night.
- Carboard pickup should be scheduled for large quantities of cardboard boxes (more than 3 boxes) with a call to facilities services (x87928) or an email to recycling @kumc.edu. This is not a billable service.
Large/ Bulk Cardboard Recycling Locations
- Delp G007
- Hemenway Dock
- Research Support Facility Dock
- Orr Major (B002)
- Kirmayer Fitness Center (1H01)
- Taylor (3rd Floor)
- Landon (Courtyard Hallway)
- Additional Locations Coming Soon
NOTE: For large quantities or oversized cardboards, please contact the Facilities Service Coordinators (8-7928) to request service.
Nov 07, 2018