Recycling Tips at Work
- Bring reusable containers/cups from home to eat and drink from.
- Avoid using disposable containers such as Styrofoam and paper.
- Use e-mail and reuse interdepartmental envelopes
- Use the "Print Preview" option instead of printing your "work in progress" or print drafts on the second side of used paper. Also use both sides to print documents.
- Utilize KUMC recycling locations. You can even bring items from home.
- After washing your hands, use 1 to 2 paper towels instead of 3 to 4.
- If you eat in the cafeteria, use reusable dinnerware.
- Get the word out...tell your friends and family to recycle!!
Click here to download deskside recycling booklet
Recycling Tips at Home
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth or washing your face or dishes.
- Use cloth napkins.
- Reuse plastic/paper bags from the grocery store.
- Use cloth rags instead of paper towels.
- Turn off the lights if you are leaving the room for an extended period of time.
- Utilize recycling drop-off sites near your home.
- Do not bag lawn clippings particularly in plastic bags, compost them instead.
Jul 26, 2018