Taking Reuse to the Next Level @ KU Medical Center
In partnership with Human Resources and the Office of Student Life, the KUMC Sustainability committee presents the Cupanion #fillitforward campaign.
The Cupanion program provides KUMC students, staff, and faculty with an opportunity to Reduce, Reuse, Refill while providing access to clean water to someone in need through a partnership with Water.Org.
How does it work?
- Human Resources and the Office of Student Life provide employees and students with a Cupanion tag.
- Download the Cupanion app for your smart phone (available in the App Store or Google Play).
- Scan your tag each time you refill - whether it's at a water filling station or a retail or dining location on campus. Earn points toward incentives or entries into monthly reward drawings!
- Reward Options
- #fillitforward: Each time you refill and scan your tag with the Fill it Forward App, Cupanion donates a cup of clean water to an ongoing water project through water.org, a Kansas City-based company.
- KUMC Rewards: Every scan is worth 10 points. For every 1,000 points, you will receive an entry* into a monthly drawing for a featured campus reward. The more you scan, the higher your chances. *You will automatically be entered into the drawing; there is no need to redeem your entry within the app. The featured campus reward will change on a monthly basis.
- Roasterie Rewards: Bring your reusable cup (up to 20oz) and get a $0.10 off cup discount.
- Paleterias Tropicana Rewards: For every purchase of a signature drink ($4.39 or higher) at Tropicana, you will earn 100 points. Earn 900 points and get a FREE beverage (max value $4.39)
- Must have a clean reusable cup with a KUMC Cupanion Tag.
- Points are only awarded at the Paleterias Tropicana counter at the time of purchase.
- Rewards can only be marked redeemed by the Paleterias Tropicana cashier.
- Only one scan allowed per user; 1 hour cooling period enforced by the application. Max - 4 scans per day.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a Cupanion tag?
- Tags will be provided to all employees at the Spring Cookout or during New Employee Orientation.
- Tags will be provided to students by the Office of Student Life.
- How does the tag work?
The tag must be affixed to a reusable water bottle or cup to allow for accurate measurement of reuse.
- Can I get rewards if I forget my tagged container?
No. the Cupanion tag must be visible on the container to receive rewards.
- How do I get additional Cupanion tags?
Additional tags can be purchased through facilities for $2.50 per tag. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the service coordinators at 913-588-7928
- Am I required to use Cupanion?
No. While using this app to track hydration and footprint is not mandatory, it is rewarding. You can earn prizes just by scanning your tag with your smart phone while providing clean water access to those in need.