To engage students, staff, faculty and patients at the University of Kansas Health System to strive for a green, clean and sustainable medical center.
- Create a cleaner and greener campus by diverting waste from landfill and encouraging the KUMC community to Reduce, Re-use and Recycle.
- Create a financially self-sustaining recycling program
- Streamline recycling vendors across the University of Kansas Health System.
The recycling program will be rolled out in two phases.
- Phase 1 Rollout: KUMC will use a Mixed Stream Recycling process that will allow us to collect paper and other mixed recyclables (plastic, aluminum, etc.) in recycling receptacles located in designated green spots across the campus. In addition we will have designated locations for cardboard collection.
- Phase 2 Rollout: In the future, KUMC will review options for recycling compost, medical grade plastics, furniture, and waste to energy.
Feb 08, 2016