For Emergencies (i.e. fire, smell of smoke, major water leaks, electrical power outage, etc.), please call KUMC Police Dispatch at x8-5030 or 911.
For non-urgent, routine service requests, please e-mail us at FacilitiesServicesCoordinators@kumc.edu or call x8-7928
Facilities Management Services Overview
- Air Conditioning and Heating
- Plumbing - Sink, Urinal, Toilet, and Water Fountains
- Electrical - Lighting & Power
- Ceiling Tiles
- Flooring/Carpet/Tile Repairs
- Key and Lock Services
- Landscape Services
- Housekeeping Requests
- Pest Control
- Confidential Shredding/Media Destruction
- Mail and Package Delivery
- Moving Services, Space Relocations, White Board Installations, and Picture Hanging
- Event Set-up and Support
- Engineering, Construction Services, and Project Management
- Space Management
- Energy Management
- Recycling & Waste Stream Management
All Facilities requests for repairs and services can be submitted by contacting our Facilities Service Coordinators at x8-7928, during normal business hours (M-F, 7:00 am - 4:30 pm). For after hour service requests (4:30 pm - 7:00 am, weekends, and during state holidays), please also call x8-7928. Messages left after hours will be retrieved by our Night Maintenance staff on a regular basis.
Requests for non-urgent, scheduled services (such as: moves, mounting/assembling items, painting, etc.) can be submitted by e-mailing our Facilities Service Coordinators at FacilitiesServiceCoordinators@kumc.edu. You will receive an e-mail confirmation with the work order number. For all Facilities requests, please be sure to include the following information:
- Your Name
- Phone extension
- Location (building/room number) of work
- Description of work or services to be performed
- An account number (speedtype) - only needed for billable services such as event set ups, etc.
For housekeeping services:
- For the Health Education Building (HEB), Hemenway or Dykes - e-mail ISS Housekeeping, or call x4-0818.
- For all other university buildings - e-mail University Housekeeping, or call x8-3535.
For Event Setups, please complete an Event Services Request Form.
University of Kansas Medical Center faculty, staff and students may access additional information regarding Facilities Management Services by logging in to the Facilities Management myKUMC intranet site.