Epigenomics Core Services
DNA Methylation Assay
- Methylation Specific PCR
- Bisulfite Sequencing
- Bisulfite Pyrosequencing
- Genome Wide Methylation Analysis
- MBD-sequencing (MBD-seq)
Transcriptional Factor Binding and Gene Expression Analysis
- MBD-sequencing (MBD-seq)
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP)
- ChIP-sequencing (ChIP-seq)
- Gene Expression Analysis (qPCR)
- RNA-sequencing (RNA-seq)
DNA methylation profiling:
DNA methylation assays for small number of cells or patient samples, including Methylation Specific PCR (MS-PCR), bisulfite-sequencing or Bisulfite Pyrosequencing, and Genome Wide Methylation Analysis as well as, MeDIP-Seq for 5-mC and 5-hmC from cell lines and tissues, and MRE-Seq/MBD-seq: restriction enzyme-based methylation assay.
The Targeted DNA Methylation services at the Epigenomics Core include:
- Primer design consultation and training
- Bisulfite conversion of DNA and PCR amplification of target sequences
- Agarose electrophoresis analysis of MS-PCR.
- Bisulfite sequencing or Pyrosequencing (performed by Genome Sequencing Facility)
- Support with data analysis
Genome-wide DNA Methylation Profiling:
The genome-wide DNA Methylation Profiling is a sequence-based technology that provides information on DNA methylation status across the genome at different levels of resolution.
The genome-wide DNA methylation services at the Epigenomics Core include:
- Methyl-sensitive Cut Counting Genomic Sequencing (MSCC)
- Methyl CpG binding Domain Isolated Genome Sequencing (MiGS)
- Whole-genome bisulfite sequencing
The Epigenomics Core offers the services:
- Experimental design consultation.
- Purification of genomic DNA
- Generation of DNA library for sequencing from genomic DNA.
- Support with data analysis by collaborating with the Bioinformatics Core.
Protein-nucleic acid association:
- ChIP (chromatin immunoprecipitation) assay can be used to probe protein-DNA interactions within the natural chromatin context of the cell, such as the different transcription factors.
- ChIP-qPCR can be used to quantify the amount of protein binding with specific DNA region by combining ChIP assay and qPCR.
- ChIP-Seq can be used to map genome-wide distribution patterns of transcription factors and specific histone modifications.
The Epigenomics Core offers the following ChIP-Seq services:
- Immunoprecipitation of different proteins, and histone modifications in human and mouse cells and tissues.
- PCR primer design and qPCR of ChIP product
- ChIP-seq library preparation
- ChIP-seq data analysis
Gene Expression Profiling
The Epigenomics Core offers the following services to compare the gene expression:
- RNA extraction and Real-Time Quantitative PCR Gene Expression
- RNA-seq data analysis