Emergency Procedures Guide
The following pages present a summary of some types of emergencies that an employee might face here at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Please note, this is not a comprehensive list, but as a reference to assist you in responding quickly to emergencies. Please remember three important things:
- DO NOT take unnecessary risks
- There is no substitute for remaining calm
- Always use common sense and situational awareness
Other tips for your safety:
- The Medical Center (Main Campus) does have its own accredited Police Force - to ensure the quickest response from them, always dial 913-588-5030 from any phone or 911 from campus land-line phones. Add 913-588-5030 to your list of contacts in your cell phone. Or download the Rave Guardian app and contact the Main Campus KUMC Police that way!
- OPT IN for Rave text messaging system, this will ensure you receive text alerts when emergencies arise on campus.
- See something, say something - anything out of the ordinary on campus can be immediately reported in three locations:
- By calling 913-588-5030 (or 911 from campus landlines)
- Through KUPD anonymous email tip
- Anonymously via phone by calling 913-474-TIPS (8477)
Jan 06, 2016