Model of Our Mission
The human body (the individual) is one of nature's stunning examples of diversity. Each cell is unique. Each cell has a purpose. Each cell interacts cooperatively with others in ever growing, more complex organization, in tissues, organs and systems, to form and support the breathing, moving, feeling, and thinking functions of a unique and living person.
The body human (the community) is likewise an amazingly rich and varied world of unique and diverse persons who share the same earth and all its elements in a cooperative, mutually dependant, mutually enriching manner.
At KUMC, the mission of the body human, in all its diverse array, is the health and healing of the human body. The health of the body human, therefore, directly affects the health and healing of the human body. The health of the body human, like that of the human body, is directly related to the health of its diverse members and the manner in which those members interact.
A healthy body human:
- Values diversity as essential to its existence
- Appreciates the diversity of each of us and all of us as its richest resource
- Respects the rights of each us and all of us
- Treats each of us and all of us with respect for the positive contributions we make
- Commits itself to creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- Empowers each of us and all of us to take responsible action to foster a productive and hospitable work environment
- Assesses the environmental climate by staying attuned to the day-to-day events and how they impact attitudes and the well-being of each of us and all of us
- Takes proactive measures to develop a positive environment, acting swiftly and deliberately to address the concerns of each of us and all of us
- Provides opportunity to participate in the decision-making process before making changes that affect each of us
- Supports and encourages the contributions of each of us and all of us to the mission of the medical center community, so that each of us feel that we are a vital part of the organization
- Promotes open communications that are clear, honest, and timely between each of us and all of us
- Grows and changes, fostering flexibility, creativity, and innovation
- Promotes a safe and trusting atmosphere
Aug 20, 2012