Diversity & Inclusion
At the University of Kansas Medical Center, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral values that guide the way we envision our future. Our strategic initiatives to integrate diversity, cultural competence and inclusion across the medical center campus are underway.
The EVC's Diversity and Inclusion Cabinet is comprised of dedicated and passionate faculty, staff and community members. The cabinet assumes responsibility for campus activities and goals related to diversity and inclusion, including efforts that address cultural competency, equity, civility and professionalism, and advises the Executive Vice Chancellor on related matters. Cabinet and sub-committee meetings are open to all faculty, staff and students.
- WIMS Diversity Panel: Successfully Navigating the Academic Pipeline, 4/27
- Diversity & Inclusion Symposium: Refugees in the Health System, 4/18
- Diversity & Inclusion Award Ceremony & Keynote Address by Kevin Willmott,4/20
- KU SOM-Wichita recognizes National Women's History Month with film screening, 3/27
- New Kansas Center for Cultural Competency Advancement now available online
- Native Voices: Rising Up Against Health & Educational Disparities, 4/7
- Ash Wednesday Services, 3/1
- Community Conversation on Olathe Austins shooting, 2/27
- Black History Month Research Day, 2/28
- Community Conversation re: recent Executive Order, 2/8
- EVC Message: Diversity award, Black History Month, Climate Study update, 2/1
Mar 08, 2017