Diversity & Inclusion
At the University of Kansas Medical Center, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral values that guide the way we envision our future. Our strategic initiatives to integrate diversity, cultural competence and inclusion across the medical center campus are underway.
The EVC's Diversity and Inclusion Cabinet is comprised of dedicated and passionate faculty, staff, students and community members. The cabinet assumes responsibility for campus activities and goals related to diversity and inclusion, including efforts that address cultural competency, equity, civility and professionalism, and advises the Executive Vice Chancellor on related matters. Cabinet and sub-committee meetings are open to all faculty, staff and students.
More information is available on SharePoint and myKUMC. Click here to join the email list.
CLIMATE STUDY Community Report-out Meeting: June 21, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., Clendening Auditorium, ITV to Wichita Room, Salina Room 116. Live stream and refreshments will be available.
- Juneteenth events throughout Kansas City
- CLIMATE STUDY REPORT: Community meeting, 6/21, noon
- Hixon Hour Lecture: Who's welcome at a lesbian health clinic?, 4/25
- 2017 EVC Diversity & Inclusion Award Ceremony & Keynote Address, 4/20, ITV, livestream available
- Still time to register: The Diversity & Inclusion Symposium: Refugees in the Health System, 4/18
- EVC's Diversity & Inclusion Cabinet Nomination Period now open, through 4/28
- Jayhawk Break, learn more about diversity & inclusion at KUMC, 4/11
- April Civil Rights anniversaries: MLK assassination; disabilities accommodations
- "From Separate to Equal" film viewing as part of diversity awards celebration, 4/12
- WIMS Diversity Panel: Successfully Navigating the Academic Pipeline, 4/27
- Diversity & Inclusion Symposium: Refugees in the Health System, 4/18
Aug 02, 2017