Parking Garage 5
KU Medical Center has built an additional garage facility at the corner of 38th and Cambridge Streets to better serve the parking needs of patients, guests and employees. Parking Garage 5 has added 2,069 new parking spaces, including six levels and four electric vehicle charging stations and is certified as an energy-efficient green garage.
- 722,857 square feet, six levels high, two city blocks long
- 2,069 parking spaces, plus four electric vehicle charging stations
- $39.6 million project cost
- 1,629 precast concrete panels (total weight 30 tons) were fabricated in Marshall, Mo.
- Four stair towers, five elevators
- Flat floor plate design allows for maximum safety
- Speed ramp design allows for quick entrance and exit from garage
- Dynamic parking count system tracks ADA stalls and stall availability per level
- An enclosed, climate-controlled pedestrian bridge connects the garage to The University of Kansas Hospital's Cambridge North Tower
- An entire football field (and then some) would fit on each level
- Construction started in March 2016
- Construction finished June 2017
- Green garage certified
- All LED lighting