Construction Projects on the University of Kansas Medical Center Campus
The University of Kansas Medical Center and The University of Kansas Health System are undergoing major expansion construction projects that will ultimately enhance their ability to provide health care services. However, in the interim, construction will cause some disruptions. This website will provide updates and disruption notices for our employees, students, patients, neighbors and community.
The University of Kansas Health System Cambridge North Tower construction
Construction continues as scheduled on the Cambridge North Tower project. Be aware of the following potential traffic and noise disruptions.
Now through Feb. 17
- Traffic signalization work is underway at the 39th Avenue and State Line intersections.
- Drilling and conduit installation will be completed in phases through Feb. 17.
- Pay close attention to signs and flagmen due to potential pedestrian and vehicle traffic disruptions.
Feb. 13 through April 7
- Phase 1 demolition work to connect the pedestrian bridge from the Center for Advanced Heart Care to Cambridge North Tower will continue.
- Expect periods of loud noise and vibration to be noticeable beyond the immediate work area.
- Temporary safety walls might impede staff and patient traffic flow.
General safety precautions
- Safety is the top priority of hospital and medical center leadership.
- All driving and pedestrian detours will be clearly marked.
- Pay close attention to signs, flagmen and traffic during this time.
- Slowing down and allowing extra time to travel to and from the campus is advised.
For more detailed information on the University of Kansas Medical Center's Health Education Building progress, click here.
For more detailed information on the University of Kansas Medical Center's Parking Garage 5 progress, click here.
For more detailed information on The University of Kansas Hospital's Cambridge North Tower progress, click here.
Feb 03, 2017