Our commitment to quality health care includes a commitment to the privacy rights of our patients.
HIPAA guarantees patient rights
- Receive a Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP)
- View & copy medical record
- Request amendments to the medical record
- Request alternate communications
- Request restrictions on uses & disclosures
- Receive accounting of non-routine disclosures
- Right to complain to the DHHS
The KU NPP explains how we will use patient information and describes patient's rights under the law.
Apr 17, 2014