The Office of Compliance has purchased access to the CITI training program to supplement our existing human subjects protection training. CITI is the curriculum from the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, housed at University of Miami. CITI modules are completely optional,
but they offer a comprehensive resource for anyone who is involved in human studies. Instructions are as follows:
- Go to the CITI site: https://www.citiprogram.org/default.asp
- Click on "New Users Register Here" link
- Section 1 - Select "University of Kansas Medical Center" as your institution
- Complete Registration Steps 1 - 4.
- Complete the demographic page
- Select curriculum of "Human Subjects Research" and the Basic Course
- Please note: although the Basic Course says it is "required," these modules are optional training for KUMC research personnel.
The CITI modules provide informative guidance on Good Clinical Practice, FDA requirements for clinical trials, trial management, the informed consent process, ethical issues in social-behavioral research and many other useful topics. Research personnel are encouraged to augment their skills by accessing these modules.