Regarding annual conflict of interest reporting, which is only completed by university faculty and unclassified staff:
- KUMC has a one-university system for conflict-of-interest reporting, housed at the KU-Lawrence campus. YOU NO LONGER access Chalk to complete your conflict of interest form, nor will the Office of Compliance departments accept old forms.
- Anyone employed by KUMC who needs to complete a conflict of interest disclosure will receive an email containing a link to the COI reporting system from the KU-Lawrence system (email@example.com), NEW! Non-KUMC access is requested by approved departmental administrators via the same online account request form used to request email accounts and Chalk access.
- You will be directed to log in to the system using your regular KUMC network user name and password. If your log-in doesn't work call the KUMC help desk at 8-7995.
- The system is fairly intuitive, but if you need any assistance, here is the link to a brief user guide that will walk you through the screens that you will be filling out. - http://www.rcr.ku.edu/~rcr/coi/systemtraining.shtml
- If you have any questions about the form or how to fill it out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As in the past, immediate supervisors are required to review all annual COI reports containing financial disclosures submitted by individuals who report directly to them. Instead of reviewing and signing a paper form, the new system is entirely online. Once the supervisor's review is complete, there is no further approval or action required at the department or school level.
To aid in the review/approval process, a KU COI Reporting System Guide for Supervisors
can be found at http://www.rcr.ku.edu/~rcr/coi/systemtraining.shtml
Lawrence and Edwards campuses
- Diane Etzel-Wise, Coordinator, 785-864-7429, email@example.com
- Susan MacNally, Director of Research Integrity, 785-864-4148
KU Medical Center campuses (Kansas City and Wichita)
- Juliann Gardner, Program Manager, Office of Compliance, 913-588-0940, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: UKP staff are notified regarding their annual training requirements by UKP.
May 08, 2013