Physician Payment Sunshine Act/Open Payments
Open Payments is a federally run disclosure program that is intended to increase public awareness of financial relationships between the health care industry and physicians. This is accomplished by collecting data on payments and transfers of value between drug or device manufacturers and physicians or teaching hospitals and making it public information.
If you are a physician and want to review your information before it is published and dispute inaccuracies (if any), please see the instructions for system registration. If you have previously registered but have not used your account recently, you may need to consult the EIDM Account Inactivity directions.
Part One: CMS Identity Management registration
User Guide for part one
EIDM Account Inactivity
EIDM will lock your user account if no activity is reported in the account for 60 or more days. The system should alert you with a notice to enter your user ID and answer challenge questions.
EIDM will automatically deactivate any user that has not logged in for 180 days or more. You can contact Open Payments Help Desk at email@example.com, or call 1-855-326-8366 to reinstate your account after 180 days of activity.
Part Two: Open Payments System Registration
- Use CMS Identity Management registration credentials to register in the Open Payments System
User Guide for part two
Tips to Streamline Registration
- The entire registration process must be finished in a single session. Users cannot save entries or complete their profiles at a later time
- To register in Open Payments you should have your NPI, DEA and state license numbers within reach.
- Use Internet Explorer versions 8 or higher, or the latest version of Firefox.
- Using the browser's navigation buttons during the registration process may delete informaiton you have entered.
Review and Dispute
- The review and dispute period for 2017 calendar year payments is anticipated to begin on April 1, 2018. The opportunity to review and dispute is scheduled to take place within a 45 day timeframe and will close on May 15. CMS allows for an additional 15 days for industry to submit revisions. Publication of the data will occur on June 30, 2018.
- Please register, review, and dispute payments as early as possible in order to allow additional time for technical issues and to allow sufficient time for disputes. You will be directed to resolve disputes directly with the manufacturer and the manufacturer will submit revisions to CMS.
- Failure to register will result in a lost opportunity to dispute and correct data that will be subject to public disclosure.
- It is also important that you update your KUMC and/or KUH COI disclosures, if needed, as it could impact research funding and research administration.
- For more information visit the Review and Dispute website
User Guide for review and dispute process
Physician Payment Sunshine Act/Open Payment Information
CMS Physician and Teaching Hospitals Home Page
Open Payments Data Page
Feb 01, 2018