Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
The health care sector is a significant portion of Kansas' workforce, accounting for more than 280,000 jobs and contributing more than $12 billion annually to the Kansas economy. Not only does the state's economy depend on health care, but Kansans depend on health care professionals to provide life-saving treatment, dispense critical medication, guide patients with prevention strategies, and ensure their access to health care services.
Kansas health care professionals work tirelessly to ensure the health of Kansans, so we work tirelessly at KU Medical Center to ensure that Kansas' health care professionals have access to a strong network of resources.
Health Care Workforce Resources
- Continuing Education and Professional Development and KU Medical Center Area Health Education Center provide post-graduate education for the region's health care providers
- Kansas Recruitment and Retention Center is a career services resource that matches health care providers with employers in underserved Kansas communities
- Kansas Locum Tenens and Kansas Medical Resource provide temporary practice coverage for physicians across Kansas
- Midwest Cancer Alliance offers networking and continuing education resources for oncology care teams across the state
- Kansas Career Opportunities offers health care employers the chance to connect with future health care providers at KU Medical Center
- RH Designs offers marketing services to Kansas health care organizations