Updated December 2015
- Wichita County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs), which serve the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 2 students from Wichita County are studying at KU Medical Center.
- 1 Wichita County physician serves as volunteer KU Medical Center faculty, providing medical students with hands-on training in rural and underserved communities as part of the Rural Preceptorship Program.
- Wichita County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Thomas Koksal, M.D., a resident of Garden City, serving as the medical education director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 5 KU Medical Center alumni live and/or practice in Wichita County.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 22, 2016