Updated December 2014
- Stanton County is served KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Center (AHEC), which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Stanton County is currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- 9 high school students in Stanton County participated in activities during the 2013-2014 school year that encouraged them to consider careers in health care, math and science. These events were hosted by the KU Area Health Education Center.
- Stanton County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Thomas Koksal, MD, a resident of Garden City, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Advancing Access to Care
- Stanton County residents made 3 visits to KU Medical Center health care providers in outreach clinics held outside of Kansas City in Fiscal Year 2014.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 02, 2015