Updated December 2015
- Stanton County is served KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs), which serve the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Stanton County is currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- 12 high school students in Stanton County participated in activities during the 2014-15 school year that encouraged them to consider careers in health care, math and science. These events were hosted by the KU AHECs.
- Stanton County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Thomas Koksal, M.D., a resident of Garden City, serving as the medical education director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 1 KU Medical Center alum lives and/or practices in Stanton County.
- 1 Stanton County physician received funding through the Kansas Bridging Plan, a loan-forgiveness program offered since 1991 to primary care medical residents who agree to practice in rural Kansas.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 22, 2016